Snorkeling at Menjangan Island
Snorkeling at Menjangan Island is a ‘must do’ when staying at Villa Bossi and by far the most popular activity among our guests. Its fine and preserved corals, abundant tropical fish, turquoise clear water and calm sea make Menjangan a snorkeling paradise for both beginners and more advanced snorkelers. It ranks 3rd on Discovery Channel's list of The World's 10 Best Spots for Snorkeling.
The first part, close to shore, is very shallow and excellent for beginners. On Menjangan, children will feel as if they are in the middle of the ‘Nemo’ movie surrounded by Nemo, Marlin (clown fish), Dory (Blue regal tang), Gill (Moorish Idol), Peach (star fish), Bubbles (Yellow tang), Bloat (puffer fish), Crush (sea turle) and many other sea friends. A unique and unforgettable experience!
Villa Bossi has its dedicated snorkeling guide and instructor, Harry, who takes care of all practicalities (including rental of snorkeling gear and private boat).
Villa Bossi guests who do not snorkel can either stroll around the island and visit Pura Gili Kencana, one of the oldest temples in Bali or just sun bade on the beach or boat …
- Access to Taman National Park: IDR 200,000 per person
- Rental of snorkeling gear: IDR 50,000 per person
- Boat rental + skipper and guide: IDR 800,000 per boat
- Transportation to Menjangan (Villa Bossi driver, IDR 650,000)
- It is recommended to book a snorkeling trip to Menjangan at least 48 hours in advance
- We recommend to depart from the villa before 09h00 - the earlier, the better as the sea is more calm in the early morning
- Don't forget your sun cream - make sure children are maximally protected!
- Don't forget to bring your (underwater) camera - it's going to be a great day!
- It takes 45-60 minutes by car from the villa to the harbour (crossing center). The boat trip to Menjangan island takes another 30 minutes.
- Upon return to the harbor, take a refreshing shower. The accomodation is very basic but the feeling on your body of the hot water directly from the hot spring is a real joy. Our staff will prepare towels, body soap and shampoo.
- Visit on the way to Menjangan, Pura Pulaki, one of the seven famous sea temples in Bali